Rapiscan Systems - SATMAGAN 135
A fast, accurate and reliable instrument for measuring the magnetite content in samples.
BRS is the exclusive distributor for Rapiscan Systems' Industrial Mining for North America, including Canada, United States, and Mexico; and South America.
Accurate measurement of ferrous material content in iron ore is extremely difficult and time-consuming by conventional chemical methods in the laboratory. This is overcome by measuring the total magnetic moment of the sample in a high magnetic field thereby measuring the magnetite content in the sample accurately, reliably and faster than measurement based on susceptibility of the material.
For over 40 years Satmagan has been in use in the mining industry around the world and has been proven to be a fast, accurate and reliable instrument for measuring the magnetite content in samples. With a measuring time of roughly one minute and an accuracy of 0.4 % or less Satmagan is considered to be an ideal instrument for securing an optimal return on investment.
The principle behind the Satmagan 135 is to measure the force acting on the sample in a magnetic field with a spatial gradient. The magnetic field is strong enough to saturate the magnetic component in a sample. A Satmagan can be used to measure any sample with only one magnetic component. Alternatively, it can measure a component with a dominant concentration and/or dominant specific magnetic moment.
Once Satmagan is calibrated it is easy and fast to use. Therefore it is an ideal instrument for analyzing mixtures of magnetic and non-magnetic components.
- Maximum Error: 0.4% Of The Measurement Range (The Result Can Be As Good As 0.1%)
- Analysis Time: approx. one (1) minute
- Powder, Granular Or Solid Samples Used For The Measurement
- Stabilized For Voltage And Temperature
The Satmagan was designed especially to measure magnetite in iron ore concentrations. It can be used in various applications:
- Analysis of magnetite in iron ores, concentrates and tailings
- Control of copper and nickel smelting by analyzing magnetite and other ferromagnetic oxides in slag
- Determination of martensite or ferrite in austenitic steels
- Determination retained austenite in steels
- Control of magnetizing roasting
- Control of oxidizing roasting of carbonate ores
- Controlling the heat hardening of pellets
- Control of iron ore sintering