MEET THE WORLD’S FIRST HANDHELD Z BACKSCATTER IMAGING SYSTEM
AS&E took the same technology that made the ZBV system the top-selling cargo and vehicle inspection system in the world, and miniaturized it. The MINI Z system provides effective detection of organic threats, contraband, and explosives for public safety, customs and border enforcement, and security officials.
The MINI Z handheld X-ray system is a compact, single-sided imager that can be used to scan objects in hard-to-reach areas, allowing for the effective screening of a wide variety of items such as suspicious bags, walls, furniture, small boats, aircraft, vehicle tires, and car interiors.
Using AS&E’s signature Z Backscatter technology, the MINI Z system produces a real-time image of the scan target, highlighting organic materials that transmission X-ray systems can miss, such as explosives, currency, and drugs.
- The same technology that made the ZBV system the top-selling cargo and vehicle inspection system in the world, now in a small form factor.
- Unlike density meters, trace detectors, or portable transmission X-ray systems, the MINI Z system produces an easy-to-interpret image to quickly locate organic contraband behind non-metallic surfaces.
- The MINI Z system is self-contained and does not require set-up: enabling immediate operation. As an operator scans a target, an image appears in real-time on the system’s dedicated tablet.
- Completely self-contained: Does not require physical set-up, enabling immediate operation; Battery operated, wireless communications (Wi-Fi)
- Easy operation: As an operator scans a target, an image appears in real-time on the system’s dedicated tablet.
- Training materials: Already loaded onto the companion image viewer tablet accessed through the home screen help icon
- Operating Time: Four (4) hours per battery charge ( typical, based on 25% duty cycle)
- Scan Speed: Designed for a scan speed of 15 cm (6 in) per second (typical)